• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Anyone know where to find main fuel pump connectors?

Elvolvito

So I decided to take it upon myself to replace the old main fuel pump, as well as the fuel filter on my ?88 240dl. However, upon taking it out, I noticed that some of the wiring connections were all messed up. I also managed to puncture the line that goes out of the fuel filter and over towards the engine (any idea how to fix or replace this?). Anyways, my main question being, where can I find the broken connectors? I?ve included some images so you guys can see what I?m talking about.
dqKa8Sw
about exactly.

https://imgur.com/a/dqKa8Sw

Honestly, I’m having 3 different issues with that entire piece. Punctured fuel line, the broken connectors, and the fact that I can’t seem to get the filter or pump off. The pieces are so fckn tight and I’ve tried every single breaker bar I have.

I would start by removing the entire support rack to clean up this mess. Cut the electrical, low pressure hose should come off. Then you can work on the other connections easier.

Those fuel hoses can be a real challenge to break.

Electrical connections can be fabricated even if not OEM.

Second that.

Just ordered the same from Dave Barton, shipped quick and all the connectors you'd need.

Next is figuring where exactly they come up through the floor (i don't know..) or just splice in from below...
Anyone know how to get access to this section of harness if one wanted to replace the wires in full - and not splice?

Second that.

Just ordered the same from Dave Barton, shipped quick and all the connectors you'd need.

Next is figuring where exactly they come up through the floor (i don't know..) or just splice in from below...
Anyone know how to get access to this section of harness if one wanted to replace the wires in full - and not splice?

look under the rear seat

Thank you everyone for the great responses. I think I’m just going to buy every single part new & just scrap all this old junk. I have a new filter sitting around & I got the main pump shipped on the way. I’m going to be ordering the fuel coupler & the necessary bolts soon. A moderator also contacted me with a spectacular offer for a used fuel line so I believe I’ll be going through with that as well. As for the electrical connections, the one Mr. V recommended seems pretty ideal.

You can use penetrating oil on the fuel filter fitting. Also I use a impact driver with a large wrench to counter hold the fuel filter. Always counter hold the fuel filter so you avoid damaging the short hose that connects the filter to the pump. Although that short hose does have a tendency to split when being removed.

Hint: if you break the plastic hose between the pump and filter I found a suitable replacement to be the 1/4 inch black plastic (fuel?) line sold at NAPA: just cut it to size, then heat it up a bit with a heat gun to expand it, then slide it over the two fittings.

Easy to repair with new Nylon line once you get the hang of it.
All you need is a heat gun.
Hell I can mail you a piece or 2 of line if you need, just PM me.

I punctured this doing the exact same job. It's made of nylon tubing that can be bought your local auto parts store. You can remove the old piece by cutting it with a razor blade. Installing the new line takes a little bit of wiggling back and forth to get it all the way on.
The line that was punctured is the one depicted in the third image.

He says he needs the line that goes from the fuel filter to the engine bay. Not the line that goes from the pump to the filter. You have to scroll over and you see the line he is asking about in the pic he posted.

I wanna re-wire my main fuel pump. I'm tired of hearing it complain when I'm low on fuel. I also have a surging at high load that I need to address.

Maybe even do a relay-triggering-another-relay rig. What've y'all done?

You should also confirm life on your tank pump. Stick a hose in the filler hole and listen. Or just turn the key on while you have it all apart!

Last edited:
Little update: Main fuel pump came in yesterday, now just waiting on the fuel coupler, fuel line, & the new banjo bolts. As for the connectors, I didn’t realize that it was a part of the fuel pump itself. Thought it was an extension of the wires. I should be good on both the connections.

Back