• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Running Super Rich. Correct maf sensor??

abelbushey

Hey all. I recently finished up the turbo swap on my 92 240 wagon complete with a fresh bottom end, and t5 swap. Sense I did the swap I've had a pretty consistent rich condition (pegs the aem gauge at the minimum 8.49) and a hard shudder under acceleration. I've done a little reading and it seems I may have the incorrect maf for my setup. I have the 0280212016 maf that came off the car when it was Na. after some light reading it seems I need the 0280212007 out of a 1990s 740 turbo. Before I go and throw down some money to get one coming I figured it would be best to consults the pros and make sure the 007 maf will fix this issue.

I have the 3bar regulator and the orange injectors running around 15psi

I swapped out the ecu and timing box when I did the turbo swap with a 91 turbo 740. It is consistently rich. I have checked for boost leaks but haven't been able to find anything major. It seems to run a little better when the engine is cold but not much.

I swapped out the ecu and timing box when I did the turbo swap with a 91 turbo 740. It is consistently rich. I have checked for boost leaks but haven't been able to find anything major. It seems to run a little better when the engine is cold but not much.

You sure you used the right ecu? I believe the number on it should end in 563 or 937.

Did you remove the the WOT wire on the TPS? Believe it's the blue and white wire on position 3.

Did you install high-z injectors or a resistor pack?

He said it had a stock 016 amm and is a 92 so I assume lh2.4 which would have the resistor pack to match the injectors on the donor engine. Should be at least running the b230f/t green injectors.

He said it had a stock 016 amm and is a 92 so I assume lh2.4 which would have the resistor pack to match the injectors on the donor engine. Should be at least running the b230f/t green injectors.

The NA engines don't have a resistor pack? Unless I misread what you're saying.

Back