• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Seth's De-Mickey Mousing 1988 244

skurela

Howdy, my father has had this 88 244 since I have started driving, and now that I have another car, we are taking the time to fix up some issues that the sedan has. Has recently had the engine replaced due to a burnt valve & melted piston, yet still is running rough, as well as unbelievably Mickey Mouse'd wiring going on under the dash, as well as in the engine bay. Project started mostly due to a blower motor, figured what the hell, not like it's a daily driver, we will take the time to deep clean & fix.

Started off by taking the seats & carpets out & cleaning the carpets. Rear carpet is relatively unstained and in better condition than the front, however the front is very stained, so I am going to need to do a few more rounds of cleaning & washing.
PeGAM8s.jpg

H0NEhXp.jpg

37bcs4B.jpg

PeM3d6f.jpg

I know they are still dirty & have a lot more to go before they are clean, but they are already miles better than they were when I pulled them out.

Pulled the dash this morning, and was greeted by just a disaster of wiring & tape.
KzDV7qs.jpg

1PJMCGU.jpg

CTm8T53.jpg

iK0AoEm.jpg

yOt2nou.jpg

Looks like there is a cut power wire, signal/remote wire is just dangling since it was cut too, on top of the just rats nest that this is. Will be cleaning it up...

Engine bay is also looking a little ... messy & convoluted. Fuel line is just completely bypassing the line rail, which, truth be told, I don't necessarily know what it is, but on the 245, it is connected to the line.

ZpFSx0h.jpg

PyQIuaS.jpg

Miydcji.jpg

I've got the time & desire to make whats right, and I have the Haynes repair manual, so I am eager to fix this cluster****. Any advice & guidance is always appreciated.

Wiring looks like a botched attempt at radio upgrade. You said your dad has had this car since you started driving. For all we know you started driving last week. Who worked on this car for your dad? Good luck with the project.

Wiring looks like a botched attempt at radio upgrade. You said your dad has had this car since you started driving. For all we know you started driving last week. Who worked on this car for your dad? Good luck with the project.

Would've been summer 2015, a somewhat local Volvo mechanic has been doing the work, he did the engine replacement over the last year or two, hasn't really been driven since having the engine replaced due to other priorities & what not.

Last edited:
Back