• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Floppy oil trap hose

dalek

Benchracer Tribe
So bought a replacemet S-shaped hose that goes on the top of the oil trap as I thought mine was bad as it was rock hard. Thing is, this new one is rather floppy. As in I wonder if it has collapsed and now is restricting the flow. Are they that wiggly or should I find a better source for it?
GR-61781_9.png

Volvo was the only quality source of that hose. The aftermarket ones are too soft to last long and the quality of the material is low. As you now know.

I think the small vacuum hose just pulls some of the crankcase gases into the intake- it does not create negative pressure in the larger hose or anywhere else in the system. At any time there is probably more blow-by through the rings than that little hose can pass even under high manifold vacuum, plus the larger vent hose will not allow negative pressure. You are lucky if the system can relief enough pressure and not have the dipstick pop out.

Last edited:
Back