• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EV turbobrick - the turbobrick way?

For that price I'd think they would include a control system.

Still looks like a neat package.

https://cascadiamotion.com/productlist/25-integrated-modules/42-idm-190

I think that these are coming in at around 7k. Solid build. They're kinda fun. They run a wavetrac LSD standard 8.3:1 and 11,000 rpm limit (voltage dependent), have full integrated motor and controller cooling pump, just add you own radiator and axles. Then all you need is DC source/BMS/Charging and you can run it. Talks over CAN in case you want to get fancy with a dash/vcu setup.

$7k is very reasonable for that setup, is the transaxle sourced from an OEM vehicle or your own (BW?) design?

Most important question: where’s the rwd version?!

$7k is very reasonable for that setup, is the transaxle sourced from an OEM vehicle or your own (BW?) design?

Most important question: where?s the rwd version?!

You could just mount it in the back and use a De Dion axle :-P

Most important question: where?s the rwd version?!

like stick axle?

Its a BW design that has been modified to suit the aftermarket and OEM alike. 430nm of tq at the motor, and all in at like 260#s. That whole unit is small enough to fit in the back of just about anything. Take a Honda s2k rear subframe and cut out the diff, and swap in the tip of the gearbox.

The gearset is the same as the BW 31-03 gearbox. So there are several ratios available from like 5-10:1.

The iM series is basically as universal as it gets its an integrated motor and inverter/control module. Porsche bellhousing bolt pattern, and the BW e series gearbox mounting. There is an off the shelf Transverse gearbox option that looks like an autotragic, but its a single speed with low reductions (2-3:1) and then theres an offset billet box thats 2.6:1 and would mate to a t-case or direct to diff... We have done a few Ford 9" IRS prototypes and it looks like we might have something like that in the catalog by this time next year.

Yes. I'd like to ev my horse drawn carriage good sir

There is a longitudinal option. It?s a 2.68:1, so second gear ish that would pair well with a 3.73, that and 400+nm should get a brick moving. Speed limited-ish, but 11k, 2.68:1, 3.73;1, 26? tire? top speed wouldn?t be slow.

Looking over that gave me a really bad idea of dumping the 2JZ out of the rustang and putting two of these in there instead.

Its looking like our battery modules are suffering from the semiconductor shortage.. BMS fixings and such have affected timelines for full release.

But, I put together a BOM for a modified Tesla model 3 pack ~75KWH that comes in just under 12k with charging, cooling, heating, BMS and the connection bits.

Depending on how the next year moves, you might see a pretty ok decrease in price on all things EV.

Its looking like our battery modules are suffering from the semiconductor shortage.. BMS fixings and such have affected timelines for full release.

But, I put together a BOM for a modified Tesla model 3 pack ~75KWH that comes in just under 12k with charging, cooling, heating, BMS and the connection bits.

Depending on how the next year moves, you might see a pretty ok decrease in price on all things EV.

12k including that battery pack?

What kind of range would that be on something like a 240?

12k including that battery pack?

What kind of range would that be on something like a 240?

Somewhere in around 200. Figuring the typical miles/kWh at 3mi/kWh with some reserve for capacity depletion over time. And throw a +/- 15-20mi in either direction based on terrain and aero.

And yeah, 12k would be pack only.

It's a shame hydrogen fuel cells are not really commercial yet, the battery investment is a big hurdle for the average hobbyist. Although given the platina in those, they'd probably be similarly priced per kg as a catalytic converter

So looking at 21k or so for a battery pack + motor.

If you had to guess,,, whats the best and worse case scenario for price reductions next year?

Back