• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

timing belt/ no start ?

Yes took it out the last time my new t belt did this. I will be careful not to over torque it.
The top end is very clean looking. No sludge and there is fresh oil.

did you put the cam bearing caps back in the original position? They are numbered.
The cam bearing journals and caps are line bored during production. Each cap has it's specific location and must always be put back in that same location. Mixing those caps can cause cam shaft binding.

did you put the cam bearing caps back in the original position? They are numbered.
The cam bearing journals and caps are line bored during production. Each cap has it's specific location and must always be put back in that same location. Mixing those caps can cause cam shaft binding.

Cam bearings were put back in original position.

Just an FYI is that Volvo had service bulletins on how to repair seized cams and to improve the oiling to the cylinder head. I've never had issues with either but it must have happened a bit to make them invest in tsb publication.

This is the stock cam correct?

Just wondering what interfered with you turning the motor over. The only thing left seems to be the cam binding. A high lift cam will be interference so you have to be careful how far you turn it. that's why I asked.

The thing that confuses me most is that it runs fine for a while then seems to bind. If the cam journals were not aligned you would think that would cause problems immediately.

Hmmmm Idk man. How bad did it overheat? I have done the unimaginable to these engines and haven’t been able to kill one with negligence. We’re talking, no coolant in engine, idled for 1 hour in my driveway with block temps near 400F. Still ran okay.

It got to the red a couple time as I limped it a mile home. If this had not happened previously without overheating I would point to that also.

GrTsRr2o1hpNUxn78

Back