• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FWD Wheels on RWD 245

ams

All the questions:
1. Why do we (maybe just IPD?) do an adapter that bolts on instead of longer studs and spacers? it would save weight and you would only have 20 lug nuts on your car instead of 40 (which just seems silly)
2. Why do the ipd spacers make such a big deal about being being hub centric? Don't you want the spacer to be centric to the bolt circle? (meaning the imaginary circle that the pattern of studs create)
3. I have an extra set of Fuch wheels and a set of the turbo twist wheels. The Fuchs would need an adapter where as the volvo turbo twist would just need spacers. What would you all go with?

Looking forward to hearing thoughts!

Andrew

All the questions:
1. Why do we (maybe just IPD?) do an adapter that bolts on instead of longer studs and spacers? it would save weight and you would only have 20 lug nuts on your car instead of 40 (which just seems silly)
2. Why do the ipd spacers make such a big deal about being being hub centric? Don't you want the spacer to be centric to the bolt circle? (meaning the imaginary circle that the pattern of studs create)
3. I have an extra set of Fuch wheels and a set of the turbo twist wheels. The Fuchs would need an adapter where as the volvo turbo twist would just need spacers. What would you all go with?

Andrew

The Fuchs wheels are worth more than 95% of the cars on here.

721192d1366290987-hard-to-find-fuchs-porsche-930-turbo-wheels-16x7-and-16x9-930-offsets-pristine-fuchsturbo-2.jpg

Buy some cheap 5 lug 4.25" to 4.25" adapters and go with the WWD wheels.

<-- NB4 the hub centric Nazis that don't know how to properly mount a wheel.

:-P

1. BNE sells that product
2. Read any thread about adapters/spacers and you'll get both side of the argument
3. I don't like the 850 columbus (or whatever) wheels, and I even have a set, ide go with the other ones

1. BNE sells that product
2. Read any thread about adapters/spacers and you'll get both side of the argument
3. I don't like the 850 Columba (or whatever) wheels, and I even have a set, I'd go with the other ones

The offset is likely to be troublesome.

https://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html

But yea $2500 worth of wheels on a $500 turd with bent up fenders he'll fit right in here.

:volvo:

All the questions:
Hub centric makes mounting of the wheels idiot proof. That covers both you and discount Bob's house of tires and spatulas.
Sell the Fuchs on Rennlist
Buy 4 more broken down Volvos.
Run steelies on them all.
?????
Profit!

Andrew

All the questions:

Andrew

We sell long studs and spacers,

https://www.bneshop.com/collections/240/products/240-extended-wheel-studs-wheel-spacers

its 1000x better then dealing with adapters and having 10 lugs nut per corner.

IMG_9223_1024x1024@2x.jpg

IMG_9231_1024x1024@2x.jpg

You don't have to dismount the front hubs and pull the rear axles to install longer studs with the adapters.

This is the you pay less each time but you pay forever in labor versus paying more upfront and never paying again mentality.

AKA do you want to buy your internet router for 100 dollars or rent it for 10 dollars a month. After 10 months you are ahead every month,

Torquing lug nuts on an adapter that's not locked... no thanks

Thanks

All,
Thanks for the input! No porsche wheels for the Volvo. I have too many projects going on and we are PCSing (Army term for saying goodbye to all your friends, contacts, business acquaintances, etc and moving) in late May, so it isn't looking good for new wheels before then.

Good to know someone has longer studs and adapter! Soon, soon these things will happen!

Andrew

Back