• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cheapest 1157 bulb holder thingy?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
I want to convert all the "red" lenses in my tail lights to 1157 LED bulbs. To do that I need the dual circuit 1157 style bulb holders. I didn't realize how pricey those things were online, being 10 bucks and up. I need 6 of them.

Anybody have a good cheap source? Or maybe you have a pile of them at your house I can have for 14.99 shipped?

I'll be hacking them up and siliconing them into the housings. Paying 60 bucks+ to get more brake lights is expensive!

There is a 940 sedan in the local pick and pull if they haven't crushed it yet, but 2/7/9 stuff around here is rare.

If I can't find a good price on these sockets, I'll likely convert to wedge base bulbs since you can buy those sockets for pennies.

No worries. I ordered generic 1157 sockets from super bright leds. They were 2 bucks each. I’ll just have to make them fit.

Universal 1157 BAY15D LED Light Lamp Bulb Socket Holder With Wire Connector $1.98

s-l1600.jpg

Back